Are You Ready for #AASTGiving Tuesday?!
AAST wants to raise $25,000 for Giving Tuesday this year!
This year, AAST has more ways than ever to join the global phenomenon that has supported thousands of organizations. Last year AAST reached its highest #GivingTuesday amount of $23,000! This year, lets hit $25,000 and we are going to need your help to do it.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday is a celebration of our members and friends who support the betterment of trauma through investing in AAST. #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving powered by social media and collaboration.
This year, AAST would like to focus on the mission of AAST. Scholarships are a fundamental purpose and value of the organization. AAST provides research funding and scholarships for medical students, residents, fellows, and junior faculty through the General Fund and 20forTwenty Fund.
How to Participate?
TAG YOU'RE IT!
- This year, AAST is playing a game of tag! With each donation, patrons have the opportunity to “challenge” a fellow member, friend, or scholarship awardee to donate $25 or more!
- Donate to AAST, take a snapshot, and tag your friends! It’s that easy.
- Take an #Unselfie
- Post an #unselfie telling why you give and/or what your AAST means to you. What do you love about AAST? What makes you want to be a part of AAST? How do you want to invest in the future?
- Use this template and tell us how AAST makes a difference!
- AAST’s The Challenge: Giving Tuesday
- Each AAST committee is being called to raise $2,000 from Giving Tuesday. This is an organization-wide competition between AAST committees.
- Because of various committee sizes, the winner will be determined by committee participation. This will be calculated by the percentage of how many people participate based on the total amount donated.
- So who will win? Come back next Monday to find out!
Where do you donate?
- TEXT2GIVE! Using your smartphone, text @TRAUMA to 52014. You will receive a text prompt to include your credit card information
- Online: Please complete this form or click the icon below in order to process your donation
- Mail: Please complete this form and mail to the Central Office
- Fax: Please complete the form above and fax to (312) 202-5064
- Call: Call AAST with your donation at (800) 789-4006
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support AAST every time you shop, at no cost to you.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience at Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to AAST. On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.
- Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same
- How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
- How do I select AAST as my organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to AAST. *Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by purchaser.