San Diego Night!
On Thursday, September 27th the AAST will be hosting a private event aboard the decommissioned US aircraft carrier the USS Midway Museum, the longest-serving aircraft carrier in the 20th Century! Your ticket includes a cocktail reception, dinner and private access to exhibits, simulators, and the Jet Shop.
- Hangar Deck Exhibits- Inspect restored WWII era aircraft and climb aboard real cockpits!
- Flight Deck Exhibits - Over 20 Aircraft populate the massive Midway Flight Deck. Take a tour in the island through primary flight control, chart room, bridge and the at-sea cabin.
- Below Deck Exhibits-. Learn what it was like to prepare 13,500 meals daily, how sailors ate in rough seas, shared space with bombs and missiles and found their way into sick-bay. Includes the galley/mess decks, bomb elevators, sick-bay and dental office, post office and machine shops.
- Air Craft Gallery - Midway has more than 30 restored aircraft and helicopters on display. Explore the Hangar Deck and Flight Deck to see them all!
- Ship’s Command - Go up into the tower above the Flight Deck to see how the ship was navigated as well as the view of San Diego from up above.
- AIR COMBAT 360 - Two people enter the state-of-the-art simulator for a pulse-pounding aerial combat ride where you control all the action. Air Combat 360 pilots can roll, somersault, spin and loop as they fly missions.
The Midway’s gift shop is centrally located on the hangar deck where sailors once repaired jet engines! The Jet Shop honors our mission to preserve the Midway’s history, inspire, educate and entertain by offering a selection of U.S. Navy and USS Midway apparel, historic and children’s books, fun San Diego souvenirs, unique USS Midway memorabilia, and more. Stop by the Jet Shop for the perfect memento to remember your Midway visit.
Go to a Padres Game!
Experience the USA Today #1 MLB ballpark with your fellow 2018 AAST Conference attendees.
Discount tickets are available here in select sections to watch the San Diego Padres take on the Arizona Diamondbacks at Petco Park.
To purchase tickets click here and enter the password: AAST18
For more information or to purchase groups of 10 or more please contact Logan Washburn at 619.795.5137 or email@example.com
Cabrillo National Monument
From hiking to tidepooling, Cabrillo National Monument is a seaside park located at the southern tip of the Point Loma Peninsula. Learn more.
A beachside amusement park in Mission Bay, Belmont Park has plenty of rides and attractions for people of all ages. Parking and admission is free, you pay as you play! Learn more.
La Jolla Cove
One of the most photographed beaches in Southern California, La Jolla Cove has water visibility that can at times exceed 30 feet. Surrounded not only by sandstone cliffs but by plenty of restaurants and activities. Learn more.
A lively downtown neighborhood known for its nightlife set in a 16 square-block mixture of Victorian-era buildings and modern skyscrapers. From shopping to museums, there is plenty to do on your own or with family. Learn more.
As the name suggests, the view of the sunset from Sunset Cliffs is second to none. Sunsets are not the only thing to see at the beach, however, California gray whales and other sea life can also be seen from time to time. Learn more.
Ferry to Coronado Island
Skip the drive and catch a ferry from downtown San Diego to Coronado Island and spend the day exploring everything the island has to offer. Learn more.
San Diego Zoo
One of the largest zoological membership associations in the world, the San Diego Zoo is one of the few zoos in the US that houses the giant panda. The zoo is home to 3,500 animals representing 650 species. Learn more.
The historic heart of San Diego, Old Town was created in 1769 and was California’s first settlement. In the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park you can experience life from the early Mexican-American period, blacksmith and all. The historic park is located in the center of Old Town which itself is nestled in the heart of San Diego. Learn more.