Lace up your sneakers and stretch those hammies! AAST is hosting a virtual walking challenge during our Annual Meeting through MoveSpring. Connect your wearable device or smartphone to track your activity. On your mark, get set, GO!
We will be holding a competition that will allow participants to get active while also engage in some healthy competition during the meeting! The challenge will run from September 8th through September 18th. There will be three different teams for participants to engage in:
1. Green Team Challenge: This is a 80 mile challenge. This means participants will be expected to walk up to 80 miles (or more)
2. Blue Team Challenge: This is a 160 mile challenge. This means participants are expected to walk up to 160 miles (or more)
3. Red Team Challenge: This is a 200 mile challenge. This means participants are expected to walk up to 200 miles (or more)
Each participant will receive a Walking Challenge Starter Pack, which will include everything you need to compete at your best. Instructions will include a QR code that will enable you to sign up right away through your mobile phone!
To join the challenge, please follow the steps below:
1. Fill out the form here for your AAST Virtual Walking Challenge starter pack
2. Once you get your starter pack, there is a QR code that you can scan using your camera on your phone
3. Create your MoveSpring account by downloading the MoveSpring app via the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) or navigate to app.movespring.com in a web browser.
4. Choose which challenge goal you’d like to work towards. There are 3 options to choose from (see above). Let’s get moving!
5. Sign up as a new user with org code: VIRTUAL20
6. Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account and connect a device. You’ll automatically be added to the challenge!
There will be a winner in each Green, Blue, and Red team. The person who racks up the most miles will be announced on Monday, September 21st!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Afia Jones: email@example.com