The Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) mandate of wearing masks on all domestic transportation networks is still in effect. This network includes travelers at airports, on aircraft, commercial buses, and commuter bus and rail systems (including Amtrak). In addition, many ride-share services are requiring riders to wear masks.
PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE FOR CURRENT TRAVEL PROTOCOLS https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus.
While you are traveling:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet from anyone who is not traveling with you.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
Vaccinated travelers: Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destinations require it and quarantine is not necessary.
AAST SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- AAST is following CDC guidelines and we expect all in-person attendees to do the same
- All participants are asked to wear a mask. Masks can be taken off if presenting (oral, quickshot, posters, discussants, etc.)
- Questions from the floor are at the two microphones. All mics will be wiped down in between use. Masks can be removed when asking a question.
- Attendees are required to be fully vaccinated or to have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of attending (self-reported)
- We are asking that you monitor your health and adhere to CDC guidelines
- Social distancing is required in all meeting rooms, including the banquet
- Please practice good hygiene, including the use of multiple hand sanitizer stations located throughout the meeting rooms and Salon Foyer
- Please avoid shaking hands
- Please see the communicable disease disclaimer at the end.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from. Currently, there are no capacity limits in Atlanta restaurants and bars; Atlanta requires masks in public and in government buildings. Private bars and restaurants can require masks, so be sure to check with the establishment you plan to visit.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
*Communicable Disease Disclaimer:
Despite the many safety precautions in place, you may still become exposed to and/or contract COVID-19. Your participation in the 80th Annual Meeting of AAST and Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery is voluntary. By participating, you acknowledge the risks and complications associated with travel to and from, as well as participation and/or attendance at this meeting and hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against AAST, the AAST leadership and officers, AAST staff team and management, and AAST partners and industry supporters. If you do not agree to this assumption of risk and release, you should not attend at the 80th Annual Meeting of AAST and Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery.
(as of September 21, 2021)