In the News Section of the Cutting Edge, we highlight some of the professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- Dr. Michael Chang will be joining the University of South Alabama Medical Center as chief medical officer and associate vice president for medical affairs.
- Dr. Bellal Joseph was appointed as the new division chief of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn, and Emergency Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the University of Arizona.
- Dr. Kenji Inaba was named as the first chief surgeon of the Los Angeles Police Department.
- Congratulations to Dr. Paula Ferrada on her promotion to professor of surgery, Division of Acute Care Surgical Services at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Denver Health has recognized Dr. Ernest E. Moore’s lifelong contribution to the care of trauma patients by renaming their trauma center the Ernest E. Moore Shock Trauma Center.
If you have an update on an AAST member that you would like to highlight in the Cutting Edge Newsletter, please send us the info at firstname.lastname@example.org