The AAST 2020 Abstract System is Now Open! Abstracts are due March 1, 2020!
This year for the 79th Annual Meeting of AAST & Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery, AAST will be using a new abstract system platform. Please check here to review the submission guidelines. An FAQ is available at the bottom of this page.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ABSTRACT SITE
As a reminder, below are various rules of the AAST abstract process:
- Original, new, and significant scientific work only
- Work presented at local, state, and regional COT competitions ARE eligible
- The work MUST not have been presented at ANY other meeting: local, state, regional, or national
- The work cannot be presented at the Resident Competition at the American College of Surgeons in October 2020
- The submitted abstract should not be similar to any work submitted to any other organization or journal
- Any content that has been made publicly available in print or online, if part of a submitted abstract, may jeopardize the originality of the submission and preclude consideration by the AAST
- If an abstract DOES NOT include an AAST member as one of its authors, a sponsor is required. If the submitter does not have a sponsor, please contact AAST (email@example.com) prior to finalization of the abstract so a sponsor may be secured
- All presenters are required to register for the annual meeting
- By default, the submitter will receive all communication regarding the abstract. If you wish to have another person CC'd on the correspondences, please add them in the CC field of your profile. Please note that all correspondences will be sent to the CC email regarding all submissions made under this profile. If you have multiple submissions and need each submission to go to different individuals, please forward the email to those individuals
- Abstracts are limited to one page – click the PREVIEW button to check this in the “Review and Submit” portion of the abstract system. If your abstract is longer than one page, it will not be considered for the program
- Special characters may be entered using the special character button
- To add an image to your abstract, click the "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar in the abstract field. You may then find the image on your computer to upload. You may also click and drag an image from the desktop of your computer to the abstract field. To resize the image, click on the lower right-hand corner of the image to manipulate
- Please allow popups for this site
- All abstracts should be structured as:
- When will I be notified of acceptance?
- Notifications will begin mid-April of 2020
- If accepted for an oral presentation, when is my manuscript due to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery and the AAST abstract system?
- Your manuscript will be due to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery and the AAST abstract system by Monday, August 10, 2020 (note that these are two separate submissions)
- Information regarding where to go to upload your manuscript, a manuscript checklist, etc. will be sent to the email that the submitter used to submit the abstract
- I have been accepted for a quickshot. Is it mandatory that I upload my manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery and the AAST abstract system?
- If you have been accepted for a quickshot, it is NOT mandatory that you upload to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery; however, we encourage you to do so. It is mandatory that you upload your manuscript to the AAST abstract system by August 10th.
- I have been accepted for a poster. Is it mandatory that I upload my manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery and the AAST abstract system?
- If you have been accepted for a poster, it is NOT mandatory that you upload to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery or the AAST abstract website
- Who receives notification regarding my submitted abstract?
- The submitter will receive all email communication regarding the submitted abstract. It will be sent to the email that was used when the submitter set up their profile in the abstract system (different than your login for the AAST website!)
- If you would like another person to be included in all correspondence regarding your abstracts, you can add them under the "Profile Home" page - "Update Profile" - then add an email to the "CC Email" field. Please note that emails for all abstracts will be sent to the email inputted in the CC email field
- I have more than one person who would like correspondence to my abstract - I do not want information regarding all of my abstracts sent to the same person, as how the CC E-mail field would work. What do I do?
- The "CC Email" field under the "Update Profile" encompasses all of your abstracts, so whatever email is listed under this field (if any, it is not mandatory) will also receive notification regarding all of your submitted abstracts. If you want your individual abstracts to be sent to different people, please forward the email to that individual once the system emails you notification regarding your abstract
- I see that you require the abstract to be one page and it includes: Introduction, Methods, Conclusions, Results. Can I please see an example of previous submitted abstracts?
- How do I upload a picture/chart to my abstract?
- Under "Edit Abstract" - "Abstract" in the abstract system (under the particular abstract that you wish to add an image to), click on the "Image" icon (second row, fourth from the right-hand side) and an "Image Properties" box should pop up. Click on "Upload" then "Choose File." You will then be able to find the image you wish to input from your Desktop. You may also click and drag an image from your Desktop to the abstract field. To resize the image, click on the lower right-hand corner of the image. You can then manipulate the picture and wrap wording around it to maximize space. Please align the image either to the very left or very right - not in the center.