By donating to AAST, you are not only providing the opportunity for students, residents, and in-training fellows to attend educational sessions and network at the AAST Annual Meetings, but investing in the future of acute care surgery as well.
Giving to the Research and Education Fund goes beyond AAST. It is an investment in acute care surgery research, education, health justice, and technology. The Research and Education Fund is currently supported by the AAST, private industry donors, and contributions from AAST members. This support has afforded the Fund the ability to fund three scholarships each year and with further support, the Fund hopes to expand its funding of projects into other areas of interest such as multi-institutional trials and more scholarships.
AAST Research and Education Fund tax id number: 36-2985865
If you are interested in contributing to the AAST Research and Education Fund you may make an online donation below or download one of the forms:
Thank you for your support.
Ways to Give:
- TEXT2GIVE! Using your smart phone, text @TRAUMA to 52014. You will receive a text prompt to include your credit card information.
- Online: Please complete the form below in order to process your donation.
- Mail: Please complete one of the giving forms linked above and mail to the Central Office
- Fax: Please complete one of the giving forms above and fax to (312) 202-5064
- Call: Call AAST with your donation at (800) 789-4006
What Am I Giving To?
- General Fund
- This support has afforded the Fund the ability to fund three research scholarships each year. The purpose of the AAST research scholarships is to solicit research applications from early career investigators proposing basic science, translational, or clinical studies to advance trauma, surgical critical care, and emergency general surgery care. AAST scholarships are intended to provide funding for early investigators to complete a research project, which will serve as the basis for future grant applications and to launch the applicants’ academic careers. With further support, the Fund hopes to expand its funding of projects into other areas of interest such as multi-institutional trials and more scholarships.
- 20forTwenty Fund
- Every year, AAST offers and awards scholarships for medical students, residents, and in-training fellows to attend the Annual Meeting. These attendees gain access not only to educational sessions, but also introduction to the latest surgical technology and world-renowned leaders in the field of trauma.
- The “deep smarts” passed down at the Annual Meeting to scholarship winners is an invaluable contribution to their future. Giving to the 20forTwenty Fund goes beyond AAST. It is an investment in acute care surgery research, education, health justice, and technology.
- Giving Tuesday
- #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving powered by social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday is the kick-off of the charitable season focusing on end-of-year giving. Join us on December 3, 2019 to kick off the giving season!
- #GivingTuesday contributions are split between the 20forTwenty Fund and the Research and Education Fund
- Memorial Gifts
- Whether a friend or a mentor, you can honor the memory of a loved ones commitment by investing in the future of trauma care surgery through the AAST Research and Education Fund. We will send a personal memorial to the individual or family, notifying them of your generous gift. If you wish, your gift can also be made anonymously.
- Honorary Gifts
- Do you know someone who has continuously dedicated their lives to the improved care of the trauma patient? You can acknowledge a loved one or friend by making an investment in education and research in their honor. We will mark the occasion by sending a personal acknowledgement to the individual notifying them of your generous gift.