When you donate to the AAST Research and Education Fund, you are shaping the future of trauma and acute care surgery by supporting early surgeon investigator research and AAST Annual Meeting participation by medical students, residents, and in-training fellows.
The AAST Research and Education Fund is a fund of 3 funds, enabling your choice of one or more:
What Am I Giving To?
- General Fund: $50,000 research scholarships for early surgeon investigators in trauma/surgical critical care and emergency general surgery, up to 3 annually.
- 20forTwenty Fund: AAST annual meeting scholarships (registration, four nights hotel, and $200 stipend) for medical students, residents, and young surgeons, 20 annually.
- Always Remember Fund: AAST annual meeting scholarships (registration, four nights hotel, and $200 stipend) for uniformed medical students, residents, and surgeons, 3 annually.
AAST Research and Education Fund tax id number: 36-2985865
If you are interested in contributing to the AAST Research and Education Fund you may make an online donation or download one of the forms:
Thank you for your support!
Ways to Give:
- Online: Visit the online donation tool here.
- Mail: Please complete one of the giving forms linked above and mail to the Central Office at
American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
633 North Saint Clair Street, STE 2600
Chicago, IL 60611
- Fax: Please complete one of the giving forms above and fax to (312) 202-5064
- Call: Call AAST with your donation at (800) 789-4006
- Recurring Donations
- Recurring donations can be processed through monthly credit card charges
- Sign up for AmazonSmile! Click here to find out how
How to Contribute at Events:
- Annual Meeting
- Info Booth
- Silent Auction
- Live Auction
- Giving Tuesday (first Tuesday after Thanksgiving)
- Year-End Appeal
- You can remember or honor a mentor, colleague, family member, or friend with a memorial or honor gift.
- Please share the name and contact information (individual or family) on the on-line or hard copy forms, as well as by text or phone.