A major goal of the AAST is to provide research scholarships each year to young investigators to further trauma research and scholarships for Medical Students, Residents, and In-Training Fellows to attend the AAST Annual Meetings. AAST also offers scholarship opportunities in conjunction with other trauma and surgery organizations.
Annual Meeting Scholarships
All annual meeting scholarships are open for applications:
Annual Meeting scholarship system is open. Click here to access the scholarship site.
AAST will begin accepting research scholarship applications later this year. For criteria, click here.
AAST/ACS Health Policy Scholarship
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) has decided to defer all Health Policy scholarships until the year 2021. This page will be updated and new applicants will be considered as soon as more information becomes available.
Steps to Submit:
The application is submitted via e-mail to email@example.com as a single PDF document consisting of:
- A cover sheet that includes contact information (name, preferred postal address, e-mail address) and specifies the name of the scholarship: ACS/AAST Scholarship
- A one-page essay discussing:
- Why the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship
- How the scholarship will fill a gap in the applicant’s training or experience
- Goals or plans to use the newly acquired knowledge or skills in his or her practice or community
- A current NIH-style biosketch (five-page maximum)
AAST/ACS International Scholarship
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) has decided to defer this scholarship until 2021. This page will be updated and new applicants will be considered as soon as more information becomes available.
Applicants must submit a fully completed application form, located on the ACS website, here.