The Acute Care Surgery Case Log System is essential to the success of your Acute Care Surgery Fellowship program. By entering the cases in the case log spreadsheet, when it is time for your site revisit, the committee and revisit team will pull your cases from the Case Log system and review them prior to the visit. This will save you and the revisit team time prior to the visit. If you have any questions on the case log system, please contact the AAST Central Office at 800-789-4006 or email us.
NEW March 1, 2021
The new Online Caselog System is now operational.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE CASELOG SYSTEM.
CLICK HERE FOR A TUTORIAL VIDEO.
On the February 15th Program Directors' Meeting, it was decided that second-year (ACS) fellows can either continue to use the spreadsheet or backlog all their cases into the online system. However, they should use the same system to document all their cases. First year (SCC) fellows should backlog their cases from 8/1/20 to present day – all their cases should be in the new system.
Please keep a close eye on the caselog entry to catch any elements that are not working as expected. Contact Bridget Lindbloom if you have any issues.
Central Office Responsibility:
- Administer the website
- Assign login's to the fellows annually
- Reset passwords as needed
- Coordinate with Case Log Committee as needed
Program Directors Responsibility:
- Program Directors are to submit a list of fellows annually to the AAST Central Office
- Any changes to rotations/hospitals send to AAST Central Office
- Make sure fellows are entering data as planned to meet the deadlines for reports. All cases will need to be entered by each fellows as the case log for the Institution(s) will be pulled prior to any site revisits.
Case Log Committee Responsibility:
- Review data on an ongoing basis with quarterly reviews.
- Exact plan to be decided upon in terms of division of labor
- Create semi-annual reports for Chair, Acute Care Surgery Committee including:
- summary data
- program specific data
- data on "non CPT" procedures