Thank you to everyone who made the 5th World Trauma Congress a success!
The 5th WTC held virtually from February 14-18, 2021.
Did you miss the live sessions? Not to worry- all content is archived until May 31st to view at your convince. Below are instructions on how to register!
The goals of the WCTC are:
- To increase awareness of the importance of trauma as a disease worldwide
- Trauma Education at all levels worldwide
- Development of trauma systems worldwide
- Continuation of the World Trauma Congress
We can only accomplish those goals at a global level if we stay together as a group of people and powerful professional organizations and start implementing change worldwide. Our organizations (and their members) have the opportunity to exert international influence, help less developed nations to improve care by means of better education and knowledge, critical thinking towards systems development, data collection (trauma registries and injury surveillance), and implementation of quality improvement processes.
Schedule of Events
This year, WTC made the decision to host a virtual meeting which will take place February 14-18, 2021. To view the WTC schedule, click here.
To view the oral paper presentation schedule, click here.
To register for the meeting, please click here. Please note to register for the meeting, you must be logged in to your AAST profile. If you do not have one, please create one before registering.
Registration is based on the registrant’s country income level as designated in this PDF from the World Bank Classification listing. Please see which “Income Group” your country falls under and choose the corresponding registration type. Examples:
- If you are registering under Ethiopia, the income group is classified as “Low Income,” therefore you will choose “Low $50.00” as your registration type
- If you are registering under Honduras, the income group is classified as “Lower Middle,” therefore you will choose “Lower Middle $100.00” as your registration type
Once paid, you will receive an invoice via email. Your registration information/access to the virtual platform will be sent closer to the meeting.
If you are having trouble registering online, please complete this form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 312-444-0863.
The WTC is utilizing the virtual platform, CadmiumCD. Once registered, your registration information/access to the virtual platform will be sent to your email that you used to register for the conference. Within that email will contain a link on how to access the meeting.
If you cannot make certain days/sessions of the meeting, not to worry - all meeting content will be available for viewing until the end of April 2021.
The platform will be set up so attendees can ask written questions to presenters via the platform, and presenters can respond in a written format. ePosters will be available and will have “zoom-in” capability, an MP3 of the presenter will be available, and registrants can ask written questions/comment on the ePosters, with presenters having the ability to respond.
- Manuscript due to TSACO: Monday, February 8th
- Your recorded presentation is to be uploaded to the Cadmium platform by Friday, January 15th 11:59 PM CDT
- Your presentation will be recorded via Zoom and you will then upload the MP4 presentation to the Cadmium platform. If you do not have a Zoom account or access to one, please contact email@example.com
- When you record your presentation, please ensure you are dressed in business casual and that your picture is on the upper right-hand corner of the Zoom screen (tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmMSXOQVQs4)
- Please use the PowerPoint template provided here
- REMINDER: your recorded presentation will be 12 minutes
- All ePosters (guidelines here) are to be submitted on the CadmiumCD website by Friday, January 15th
- All presentations will be a maximum of six minutes - your recording will be done right through the CadmiumCD system
- Please upload your poster in Landscape format
- A section at the top of the poster must contain the Title, Authors, and Affiliations
- Files must be in PowerPoint (.ppt or.pptx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file format
- PDFs should be formatted landscape, 8.5 x 11 inches (or similar)
- WTC does not have a specific outline for the posters - please structure your poster as you wish
If you have any questions regarding becoming a sponsor or exhibiting at the 2021 meeting, please contact Judy Hambrick or firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the 2021 exhibitor prospectus, click here.
If you have questions on the 5th World Trauma Congress, please contact AAST at email@example.com or 800-789-4006.