The Acute Care Surgery Case Log System is essential to the success of your Acute Care Surgery Fellowship program. By entering the cases in the case log system, when it is time for your site revisit, the committee and revisit team will pull your cases from the Case Log system and review then prior to the visit. This will save you and the revisit team time prior to the visit. If you have any questions on the case log database system, please contact the AAST Central Office at 800-789-4006 or email us.
CLICK HERE to access the Case Log Database
Current Fellow Responsibility:
- Fill in your profile
- Enter case log information as you complete it
Central Office Responsibility:
- Administer the website
- Assign login's to the fellows annually
- Reset passwords as needed
- Coordinate with Case Log Committee as needed
Program Directors Responsibility:
- Program Directors are to submit a list of fellows annually to the AAST Central Office
- Any changes to rotations/hospitals send to AAST Central Office
- Make sure fellows are entering data as planned to meet the deadlines for reports. All cases will need to be entered by each fellows as the case log for the Institution(s) will be pulled prior to any site revisits.
Case Log Committee Responsibility:
- Review data on an ongoing basis with quarterly reviews.
- Exact plan to be decided upon in terms of division of labor
- Create reports for Chair, Acute Care Surgery Committee and for Program Directors