Emergency Surgery Course
The ESC® (joint collaboration between ESTES and AAST) aims to aid surgeons in non-trauma emergency surgery by providing the know-how and the decision-making skills necessary for daily practice. The course consists of theoretical sessions, case scenarios and state-of-the-art videos. The course is especially designed in an interactive format from the beginning until the end.
The course is divided into two parts:
• The first consists of several theoretical, didactic sessions designed to provide the basic steps for adequate and timely diagnostic and decision-making
• The second, video-based, designed to provide tips and tricks to improve the skills of the general surgeon to deal with surgical emergencies.
In sum, the ESC has the following goals:
• Confront surgeons with every day and problematic emergency scenarios
• Provide concrete answers and guidelines for questions emerging from these situations
• Hone the decision-making skills necessary to manage pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative issues
We provide two days of emergency surgery education that include:
• Breakout sessions
• Case discussions
• Topic reviews
Topics include but are not limited to:
• Abdominal sepsis
• Bowel obstruction
• Colorectal emergencies
• Acute cholecystitis
• Obstetric emergencies
The upcoming Emergency Surgery Courses will be held:
- 21st European Congress of Trauma & Emergency Surgery, Oslo, Noway; April 24-25, 2020 - for more information, email email@example.com or download the flier here
Past Emergency Surgery Courses:
- Humanitas University, Milan, Italy, February 1st and 2nd
- R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD, April 5th and 6th
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, June 21st and 22nd
- The AAST Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, September 16th and 17th
- Jacobi Medical Center, New York City Health and Hospitals, New York, NY, December 3rd and 4th
- R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD, December 5th and 6th
Please visit this page periodically to view the latest ESC locations, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our information distribution list for updates regarding this course.
Interested in holding an ESC at your institution? Contact email@example.com for more details!