Geriatric Traumatic Brain Injury
We are performing a Multi-Institutional prospective observation study of Geriatric patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. This study has been approved by the AAST MITC Committee.
- To establish an aggregate database of information on baseline clinical and demographic characteristics, medication use, markers of frailty, injury characteristics, management strategies, and outcomes following TBI in geriatric patients.
- Establish best practices for management of geriatric patients with TBI
- Establish how markers of frailty correlate with outcome in geriatric patients with TBI
Prospective multi-center observational study of geriatric patients with TBI. Data collected with be purely observational and involve no study-based therapeutic interventions or alterations in patient care.
- Age ≥40
- CT-verified TBI
- Any other body region injury AIS >2
- Presentation at enrolling center >24 hours after injury
- Pregnant women
Please contact Deb Stein @ firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in participating!
If you have an upcoming or currently enrolling study involving elderly patients from Trauma or Emergency General Surgery, please send a brief description to be added to this webpage: email@example.com