- Identify prevention and treatment of altitude illness based on an understanding of the underlying physiology
- Recognize and properly manage frostbite in the field
- Identify and treat hypothermia in the field
- Identify fracture and dislocation in the wilderness
- Identify the pathophysiology, and treatment of heat-related illness
Primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and other health care providers who might encounter patients in remote settings or who may treat patients that develop medical problems after visiting remote areas. No outside commercial support has been received for this activity.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 29 - SATURDAY, JUNE 2.
A comprehensive course leading to AWEP Certification® that is designed to prepare physicians and other health care providers with an extensive background in key topics and practical skills needed to become a competent expedition, wilderness, or Search and Rescue Medical Provider. (Includes: 15.5 additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ all supplies, syllabus, breakfast, certificate and patch) $545
WILDERNESS AND URBAN SURVIVAL SKILLS
Wed, May 29| 8:00 am - 4:00 pm $150
- URBAN AND TRAVEL SURVIVAL | Thurs, May 30 - 1:30 - 5:30 pm. $80
- WILDERNESS SURVIVAL SKILLS | Fri, May 31 - 1:30 - 5:30 pm. $80
- TRAVEL INTEL AND IMPROVISED CARE FOR WILDERNESS AND INTL TRAVEL | Sat, June 31- 1:30 - 5:30 pm $80
- WILDERNESS NAVIGATION AND TRACKING| Thurs, May 30 or Sat, June 1 - 1:00 - 4:30 pm $80
- ROPES AND KNOTS FOR WILDERNESS MEDICINE AND RESCUE | Thurs, May 30 - 1:30 - 3:30 pm. $60
- LEARN HOW TO REDUCE AND SPLINT DISLOCATIONS | Fri, May 31- 1:30 - 3:00 pm $60
- PRACTICAL WILDERNESS MEDICINE SKILLS | Fri, May 31 or Sat, June 3 - 1:30 - 3:30 pm. $60
- WILDERNESS WOUND MANAGEMENT | Fri, May 31 or Sat, June 1- 3:30 - 5:50 pm. $80
- PRACTICAL SPLINTING SKILLS | Thurs, May 30 | 1:30 - 2:45 pm. $60
* Children and Teens workshops also available
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) and Wilderness and Travel Medicine, LLC. The Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) designates this live activity for a maximum of 36.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
This activity is approved for up to 36.00 hours of AOA Category 2-A CME credits
* Please visit website for full accreditation information
Date and Time: On Wed, 29 May 2024 16:30 - Sun, 02 Jun 2024 12:15