About The Event
This course provides a diagnostic framework/template for medically unexplained conditions with shared etiologies and presentations. Subsequently, more specific management strategies for each condition is provided, along with various clinical pearls. The program covers various medically unexplained conditions seen throughout the scope of internal medicine, selecting from a variety of pertinent general and subspecialty-derived conditions. Expert faculty present evidence and case-based clinical approaches.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiological process of central sensitization
- Define the relationship between central sensitization and various medically unexplained symptoms
- Integrate diagnostic and treatment strategies in chronic headaches
- Identify diagnostic and treatment strategies in gastrointestinal symptoms
- Describe evidence-based treatment strategies for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
This course is intended for general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, family medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other primary healthcare professionals who practice in or have a special interest in treating medically complex patients.
Time: 06:30 to 13:00
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, California, 2 Dole Drive, Westlake Village, California, 91362, United States