Welcome to the February 2018 edition of the Cutting Edge!
In this edition, you will find:
- The “News” section highlights both professional and personal updates of AAST members.
- In this issue’s “Coder’s Corner”, Dr. Lawrence Reed and Dr. Thomas Esposito give their coding recommendations in an interesting case involving a gunshot wound that is shared between trauma and vascular surgery and the dilemma who should code for what part of the procedure.
- In the Injury Prevention Quarter, we are reminding our readers about an important survey to AAST and EAST members to help better understand our members’ views on firearm ownership, freedom, responsibility and policy.
- The “Happenings” section, headed by Dr. Chad Ball, keeps the reader aware of upcoming meetings, along with abstract deadlines.
- In the “Needle Tip”, Dr. John Bilello discusses the current management of pediatric vascular injuries..
We also provide several links to sites of interest, including a reminder to submit abstracts for the 77th Annual Meeting.
I hope you enjoy your issue of the “Cutting Edge.” Please send us any feedback or issues that you will like to see in the coming issues of the newsletter. (firstname.lastname@example.org).