Welcome to the March/April 2018 edition of the Cutting Edge!
In this edition, you will find:
- The “News” section highlights both professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- In this issue’s “Coder’s Corner”, Dr. Lawrence Reed and Dr. Thomas Esposito give their coding recommendations on a very common trauma procedure – the FAST exam. Their answers might surprise you.
- In the Injury Prevention Quarter, Drs. Fahd Ali and D'Andrea Joseph describe their efforts on the Stop the Bleed Campaign on Long Island.
- The “Happenings” section, headed by Dr. Chad Ball, keeps the reader aware of upcoming meetings along with the submission deadlines.
- In the “Needle Tip”, Dr. Richard Falcone discusses trauma simulation training and how we can become better facilitators.
- We also provide several links to sites of interest, including reminders about upcoming AAST Virtual Grand Rounds on the “Walking Blood Bank” in April and “A Public Health Approach to Firearm Injury Prevention” in May.
I hope you enjoy your issue of the “Cutting Edge.” Please send us any feedback or issues that you will like to see in the coming issues of the newsletter. (email@example.com).