by Adrian A. Maung, M.D.
Welcome to the May/June 2018 edition of the Cutting Edge!
In this edition, you will find:
- The “News” section highlights both professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- In this issue’s “Coder’s Corner”, Dr. Lawrence Reed and Dr. Thomas Esposito give their coding recommendations on a complex trauma case with both intra-thoracic and intra-abdominal injuries.
- The “Happenings” section, headed by Dr. Chad Ball, keeps the reader aware of upcoming meetings along with the submission deadlines.
- The “Needle Tip” contains Dr. Errington Thompson’s though provoking piece on injury prevention’s past, present and future.
- Paula Ferrada gives us a brief overview and history of the PanAmerican Trauma Society
- We also provide several links to sites of interest, including reminder that registration for the 77th AAST Annual Meeting will open in mid-June but that you can reserve a hotel room right now.
I hope you enjoy your issue of the “Cutting Edge.” Please send us any feedback or issues that you will like to see in the coming issues of the newsletter. (firstname.lastname@example.org).