Welcome to the September / October 2018 edition of the Cutting Edge!
In this edition, you will find:
- The “News” section highlights both professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- In the “Injury Prevention Quarter”, Drs. Roaten and Eastman discuss suicide risk screening.
- In this issue’s “Coder’s Corner”, Dr. Lawrence Reed and Dr. Thomas Esposito give their coding information on a case involving urology and acute care surgery.
- The “Happenings” section, headed by Dr. Chad Ball, keeps the reader aware of upcoming meetings along with the submission deadlines.
- Patrick Kim brings us the “Acute Care Surgery Committee Update”
- The Critical Care Committee provides another article review that can be used to obtain CME credits.
- We also provide several links to sites of interest including call for abstracts for a paper competition at the AAST/IATSIC Scientific Paper Session on Thursday, August 15, 2019 as well as information about the National Trauma Research Repository.
I hope you enjoy your issue of the “Cutting Edge.” Please send us any feedback or issues that you will like to see in the coming issues of the newsletter. (email@example.com).