< Back to February Cutting Edge
In the News Section of the Cutting Edge, we highlight some of the professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- Congratulations to Dr. Britton Christmas for completing his term as President of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST) and to Dr. Jeffrey Claridge for becoming the new President.
- Congratulations to Dr. Deborah Stein who was nominated as the President-Elect of EAST.
- Dr. Mary Fallat delivered the Scott B. Frame, MD Memorial Lecture at EAST entitled “15 Years Beyond IOM and The Future of Emergency Care in the U.S. Health System: Illusions, Delusions, and Situational Awareness.”
- Dr. Rachel Callcut participated in the Washington Post virtual program on Artificial Intelligence. https://www.washingtonpost.com/pr/2021/01/06/washington-post-live-host-artificial-intelligence-health-care-with-presenting-sponsor-ge/
- Colonel Jennifer Gurney, MD was awarded the EAST/John P. Pryor, MD Distinguished Service Award in Military Casualty Care https://twitter.com/EAST_TRAUMA/status/1349833681905602563?s=20
- Dr. Sharon Henry was the keynote speaker for the EAST Annual Orients Presentation. Her presentation was “Sharing, Caring and Cutting Shapes”
If you have an update on an AAST member that you would like to highlight in the Cutting Edge Newsletter, please send us the info at firstname.lastname@example.org