In the News Section of the Cutting Edge, we highlight some of the professional and personal updates on AAST members.
- Click here to read about Dr. David Jacobs story of how being an AAST member saved his son's life.
- Congratulations to Dr. Raul Coimbra for his new role as Surgeon-in-Chief at Riverside Univeristy Health System Medical Center and Professor of Surgery at Loma Linda University School of Medicine.
- Dr. David Efron has been named as the Johns Hopkins 2017 Physician of the Year.
- Dr. Alex Eastman has been recognized for saving a marathon runner while working as a reserve police officer.
- Congratulations to Dr. Patrick Reilly on his new role as Vice Chair for the ACS Committee on Trauma, and as Chair of the Regional Committees.
- Dr. Raul Coimbra has been recognized for helping to save a wounded North Korean defector.
If you have an update on an AAST member that you would like to highlight in the Cutting Edge newsletter, please send the info to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.