*Please Note: The official language of this meeting is in English.
As a presenter (oral, quickshot, or poster) at the 79th AAST Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery, there are certain guidelines and policies that must be followed. It is very important that you read all information sent to you or your abstract submitter.
For a comprehensive list of due dates, click here
1. AV Guideline
- Since this year’s meeting is a full virtual format, you will be required to record and upload your presentation to the virtual meeting platform prior to the annual meeting. All recorded presentations are to be uploaded to the virtual meeting website by Friday, August 28th.
- The AAST requires a slide size of 16:9. Download a sample of the slide here.
2. Presentation formatting suggestions are provided.
- Oral Paper Presenters: presentation length = 10 minutes
- Quickshot Presenters: presentation length = 3 minutes and a maximum of five slides (not including the title and disclosure slide)
- ePoster Presenters: presentation length = maximum of six minutes
3. Disclosure slide
- All presentations MUST include a disclosure slide after the title slide. (Quickshot presenters can include your disclosures on your title slide if wish). A sample disclosure slide is provided but you are not required to use it; however, your disclosure slide must include the information that is on the sample slide.
4. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery manuscript submission
- All oral presenters MUST submit a manuscript (quickshot and poster presenters are encouraged but not required to submit a manuscript) by August 10th. The January-March 2021 issues of the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery are heavy with AAST papers. To ensure your manuscript receives priority for early 2021 publication, you will need to upload your manuscript by August 1. Only those manuscripts submitted by following the uploading instructions will be included in these issues.
- REMINDER: it is AAST policy that all oral podium presenters submit a manuscript (except quickshots) prior to the start of the AAST Annual Meeting. Those who do not submit a manuscript by August 10th will be sanctioned and either you and/or your institution will not be allowed to present for two years. A letter will also be sent to your chairman.
- Quickshots and ePosters are highly encouraged to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery or to Trauma Surgery and Acute Care Open, but it is not mandatory.
- If you are submitting to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Open, please make sure you select the appropriate 2020 category (2020 Quickshot or 2020 Poster).
5. Manuscript Upload for Discussant
- It is required that all oral and quickshot presenters upload a manuscript by August 10th for the discussant to review prior to the meeting. This date is firm and failure to do so could include sanctions for you and/or your institution. Instructions to upload your manuscript have been sent via the abstract system. Please note all emails are sent to the submitting author. Please note that submission to both the AAST Abstract site and JTACS is required for oral presenters – these are two separate submissions. Submission to the AAST Abstract site is required for the quickshot presenters.
- Oral and quickshot presenters: Manuscript upload to the AAST Abstract website for the discussant to review: https://www.xcdsystem.com/aast/login.cfm?uuid=22136713-E6CA-B391-21357867AEB2F6C7&reviewid=42704&token=12779769-C692-36B3-2DA1540745D4F9FC
- Oral presenters: Manuscript upload to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery website www.jtrauma.com
6. Discussants of Oral or Quickshot Presentations
- Please keep your questions short and to the point. There is no need to restate the presentation when discussing an oral podium paper. Remember there are others who will have questions and the presenter requires time to answer all questions.
- Oral Paper Discussants: please keep your questions to 3-4 minutes.
- Quickshot Discussants: please keep your two questions (no more than two questions) to one minute. Please submit your questions to the quickshot presenter by Wednesday, September 16th by sending them to Rachel Sass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Poster Presenters
- Down ePoster presentation instructions here
8. Poster Professors
- More information coming soon!