AAST has put together a list of resources containing various statements, support, handbooks, and guidance that will be relevant to our membership during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be updated as new information becomes available. We are committed to supporting our membership at this time and will continue to find educational content relative to the ongoing emergency. We thank you for your sacrifice and your individual effort to combat this pandemic.
If you or your institution has additional educational resources you would like to share with the membership, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org marked *URGENT*.
AAST Leadership Statements
#AAST2020 COVID-19 Breaking Developments Panel
AAST Multi-Institutional Study
- Hospital course and outcomes of emergency general surgery patients admitted during the COVID era
AAST Journal Articles
- COVID-19 Special Reports - reports are listed on the right side of this page
- Moore, Hunter B. MD, PhD; Barrett, Christopher D. MD; Moore, Ernest E. MD; McIntyre, Robert C. MD; Moore, Peter K. MD; Talmor, Daniel S. MD; Moore, Frederick A. MD; Yaffe, Michael B. MD, PhD Is there a role for tissue plasminogen activator as a novel treatment for refractory COVID-19 associated acute respiratory distress syndrome?, Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery: April 22, 2020 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue - doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000002694
Other Journal Articles
AAST Palliative Care Committee Resources
- EAST (Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma)
- SCCM (Society of Critical Care Medicine)
- PTS (Panamerican Trauma Society)
- ACS (American College of Surgeons)
- STN (Society of Trauma Nurses)
- SCCPDS (Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society)
National Institutions Recommendations
THIS WEB SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All health care content available on or through this Web site is presented by the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (the "AAST") for general informational purposes only and must not be regarded as a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a professional health care provider. THE AAST DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO, any particular products, procedures, opinions or other information presented or referred to on or through this Web site (including but not limited to the content of any advertisement), except for any statements specifically identified as expressing a policy or position officially approved by the AAST.